WEBSITES TO VISIT:

NEWS UPDATES:
(3) Portfolio of prints (work in progress)
PRINTMAKER AND PAINTER:
(5) My Janus file: Some impressions of
TO THE LIGHTHOUSE by Virginia Woolf

Monday, October 1, 2012

SPECIAL HARVEST MOON EVENT: FROM A NEW YORK LOFT VANTAGE POINT..

Saturday night, September 29, in the U.S. the Harvest Moon shines all night.  It was a cloudy night!  But Sunday night was clear and this is when I saw its first appearance...

Spotted at 6.50 pm - September 30, 2012

Seen from my 10th floor open kitchen window

Lift off - It's the full moon closest to the autumn equinox

which came on September 22, 2012

Approximately 8 pm just before the clouds took over! 





1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful sequence of shots. Just last night Buddy explained the meaning of "harvest moon." I cannot believe I am this old and did not know the meaning. I am so glad I got to see your photos. genie

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOWERS

Blog Archive