Monday, January 31, 2011
Who misses a BMW when it goes by (forget about the reflections if noticed)? But when it stops, pauses at a light, and when the sun is shining, it can become something else again - a mirror of moving shapes, a Fauve splash of colour to capture in camera; well, 'post-Fauve', one hundred years later! This for a poet I know who claims not to know one car from another....
MG and BB (Rinkly Rimes) 1950s Westbrooke, Margate, UK
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Friday, January 28, 2011
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Saturday, January 22, 2011
Friday, January 21, 2011
And more snow during the night...
The video made for Skywatchers is beautiful and haunting - do watch!
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Recycled Handmade Paper Print
Yes, I really did find a message in a bottle on the sea shore in Southbourne, UK, in the 1950s. It was written in French and I began a correspondence with an English woman who was working as an au pair in France. Alas, when I emigrated to the States in the 1960s I lost touch with her. Her name was Gloria and I wish we could find each other again!
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Saturday, January 8, 2011
Friday, January 7, 2011
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
This is a handmade paper print...
I have spent a good deal of my life living close to the ocean and have made many prints reflecting the sea. In this particular 'collage', leftover images printed from grainy pine wood were embedded into the rolled out wet pulp, the threads of which, when dry, became the print. Gold paint was used to create the embossed image to suggest the universe of sea and sky.
Saturday, January 1, 2011
I had never seen one like this before (found in a thrift store) so I decided, today,
to photograph this holder again. Perhaps I was too full of champagne the first time around!
Again, from the kitchen window - looking across the river towards Long Island, NY. Flights in and out of JFK airport seen from here.
- ► 2013 (107)
- ► 2012 (190)
- RUBY TUESDAY - FROM REALISM TO EXPRESSIONISM...
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - WROUGHT AND DISTORTED!
- WEEKEND REFLECTIONS - CITYSCAPE
- BLACK AND WHITE WEEKEND - LIGHT AND DARK COMPOSITION
- WATERY WEDNESDAY - SEASCAPE (1) DUSK
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - SOME AMBIGUITY HERE...
- SKYWATCH FRIDAY - SUNRISE AT 8.15 am TODAY AWAKENS...
- WATERY WEDNESDAY - THE MESSAGE...
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - A MOMENT IN TIME ...
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - IN THE SHADE...
- SKYWATCH FRIDAY - BLACK SNOW THIS MORNING, NYC, 11...
- WEEKEND REFLECTIONS - REFLECTIONS IN REVERSE!
- WATERY WEDNESDAY - BREASTING THE WAVES...
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - PINK CHAMPAGNE, THE EMPTY CAS...
- WEEKEND REFLECTIONS - NEW YEAR'S DAY 2011
- ▼ January (15)
- ► 2010 (221)