Monday, November 29, 2010
The mystery bird in the header was still there when I left....
Looking at other photos I took that day, I see it is still there!
(When I see other photographers in the street, I do wonder what they are shooting, as the birds must wonder, too! Are they also concocting a story for Ruby Tuesday?)
Sunday, November 28, 2010
RESTING ON A HIGH RISE WINDOW SILL IN NYC
(A cool sunny location on the west side of the building)
Saturday, November 27, 2010
A wintery sun seems to cast the strongest shadows in all sorts of unexpected shades!
Friday, November 26, 2010
Thursday, November 25, 2010
It was a beautiful day following this spectacular sunrise for the MACY'S THANKSGIVING PARADE
I did not watch the parade. I went back to bed!
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Monday, November 15, 2010
RUBY TUESDAY - TO QUOTE GEORGIA O'KEEFFE ON PAINTING BIG FLOWERS TO MAKE BUSY NEW YORKERS SEE WHAT SHE SAW IN FLOWERS....
"Well - I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower you hung all your own associations with flowers on my flower
and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see of the flower - and I don't".
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Belatedly, I am showing a Shadow Shot - does anyone else get so caught up in a novel that an important meme date almost gets forgotten...
I have discovered the novels of Laurie R. King, in particular her Mary Russell
series, in which the aging Sherlock Holmes seems to have been born again into the 20th century!
You might like the previous post: Shadow Shot Slideshow called GOIN' SHOPPING; it is quite short!
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Monday, November 8, 2010
CON EDISON CAN'T SEEM TO KEEP ITS CLOCK WORKING!
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Friday, November 5, 2010
Near The New York Public Library, Bryant Park, NYC
Since there were two or three white cars in the same area, the reflections of the white building in all of them seemed to me to be quite startling, yet my friend walked on ahead of me, hardly noticing them!
As solid a beacon as the Empire State Building is, I often see it come and go, and change shape before my eyes, as various optical illusions (ignited by the elements of mist, smoke, bright light, and man made colour illuminations) contribute to a cinematic nightly drama -
The row of windows to the right, in the same shot, offer their own frame by frame drama - unexpected images that somehow add to the cinematic effect!
- ► 2013 (107)
- ► 2012 (190)
- ► 2011 (180)
- RUBY TUESDAY - BIRD'S EYE VIEW...
- MACRO MONDAY - THE SINGLE BEGONIA FLOWER OF 14 PO...
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - THAT IS HOW IT LOOKED!
- BLACK AND WHITE WEEKEND - MORE MOTOR CAR MAGIC!
- WEEKEND REFLECTIONS - IMAGINE!
- SKY WATCH FRIDAY - NEW YORK CITY AT 6.30 AM THURSDAY
- HAPPY THANKSGIVING! A LONELY LITTLE PETUNIA OUT I...
- BLACK AND WHITE WEEKEND - ROOF TOP LIVING IN NEW Y...
- WEEKEND REFLECTIONS - A GUSTY DAY ...
- MOTIONLESS THURSDAY - MOTION THURSDAY SEEMS TO HAV...
- RUBY TUESDAY - TO QUOTE GEORGIA O'KEEFFE ON PAINT...
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - THE GINKGO TREE, A SPECTACULA...
- MOTION THURSDAY - GOING SHOPPING: FOR SHADOWS AND...
- RUBY TUESDAY - ALL LIT UP...ILLUMINATIONS CHANGE ...
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - PREPARED FOR THE RAIN!
- WEEKEND REFLECTIONS - A POLICE CAR IN DISGUISE!
- BLACK AND WHITE WEEKEND - TWO IN ONE...A CINEMATIC...
- SKY WATCH FRIDAY - SEEING FACES IN THE CLOUDS...
- ▼ November (18)