Friday, February 25, 2011
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Monday, February 21, 2011
As we strolled along the Esplanade between West Thames and Battery Park, NY - this splash of red is my daughter-in-law, passing by South Cove - part park, part work of art - serving as a splendid lookout post to see across the water Lady Liberty and Ellis Island. We lunched at the Open Table restaurant on fish and chips, the best I have ever tasted in the U.S (a fish called scrod, not cod?)
Then, this morning, I woke up to more snow!
Sunday, February 20, 2011
The owners of this backyard table travel far and wide to go skiing and snow boarding!
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Friday, February 18, 2011
Monday, February 14, 2011
This is a 'Casein' collage - a milk-based paint, mixed with water - printed from a glass table top.
This is a unique 'monotype' (no fixed matrix involved). I tend to experiment with the very fluid nature of mixing water and paint in varying thick-and-thin consistencies - over printing when the first colour applied has dried from the first print run. For this kind of printing, with no fixed image in mind, any surface can be tried. I just enjoyed using the large piece of plate glass that I had! The collage emerged later when an image idea presented itself!
FOR MORE WATERY WEDNESDAY DO VISIT HERE! ON TUESDAY!
Note: last published September 9, 2009. Polar Bear Peril; part of a global warming series of Casein monotypes.
Saturday, February 12, 2011
I am trying to recall a time when it wasn't gloomy, when there was no snow and sunny days were an every day event!
Friday, February 11, 2011
It has been sooo cold here lately, I wanted to think about a sultry summer's day!
(Two grandchildren caught between windows and side door openings)
A COMPANIONABLE CUSHION TO PUSH - THIS IS WHAT I DO BEST!
Sunday, February 6, 2011
New York Choreographer Susan Vencl's dancers rehearsing CHANGING PLACES in the late Merc Cunningham's Studio, NYC
(For more about Choreographer Susan Vencl go to: http://www.vencldance.org/2010/12/02/giving-thanks/)
Saturday, February 5, 2011
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Size: 30" x 40" Printed on rice paper
Drift wood, one piece found as shaped, shape repeated 3 times, accentuating grains. A second piece of found pine wood, uncut, with rough surface, serves to suggest water lines.
- ► 2013 (107)
- ► 2012 (190)
- BLACK AND WHITE WEEKEND - LANDSCAPING WITH ROCKS ...
- WATERY WEDNESDAY - THE WAVES
- RUBY TUESDAY - SUNDAY WAS A BARMY DAY HERE...
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - PEAKS AND VALLEYS
- BLACK AND WHITE WEEKEND - LIGHT AND DARK COMPOSIT...
- WEEKEND REFLECTIONS - DRIVERS WONDERING WHY THEY...
- WATERY WEDNESDAY - CASEIN COLLAGE: POLAR BEAR PER...
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - IMAGINE, SCULPTURES IN WOOD,...
- WEEKEND REFLECTIONS - THINKING ABOUT ONE SULTRY SU...
- BLACK AND WHITE WEEKEND - KITTENS FOR SALE
- WEEKEND REFLECTIONS - REHEARSAL...
- BLACK AND WHITE WEEKEND - THE CARETAKER
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?
- WATERY WEDNESDAY - SEASCAPE (2) DAWN
- YELLOW TUESDAY - WATER LILY IN TRANSITION...
- WATERY WEDNESDAY - NUDES IN WOOD...
- ▼ February (16)
- ► 2010 (221)