WEBSITES TO VISIT:

NEWS UPDATES:
(3) Portfolio of prints (work in progress)
PRINTMAKER AND PAINTER:
(5) My Janus file: Some impressions of
TO THE LIGHTHOUSE by Virginia Woolf

Monday, November 15, 2010

RUBY TUESDAY - TO QUOTE GEORGIA O'KEEFFE ON PAINTING BIG FLOWERS TO MAKE BUSY NEW YORKERS SEE WHAT SHE SAW IN FLOWERS....

  "Well - I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower you hung all your own associations with flowers on my flower 

Margaret Gosden



and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see of the flower - and I don't".





11 comments:

  1. A partial flower seems mysterious, as though the shape could go on and on outside the perimeters of the photo. The colours are very subtle too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm..puzzled! amazing flower I cant exactly guess. All I know it a flower!

    By the way, Sis I am hosting Christmas giveaways contest. Please Come and Join us now!

    http://pinkgogreen.blogspot.com/2010/11/pink-go-green-christmas-giveaways.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's delicate and powerful at the same time. How does a painter capture such tones and shades and meanings?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous....it's an amaryllis, right?


    LEGO art is my Ruby Tuesday today, hope you can stop by to join me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I'm in an art gallery studying a painting---it's really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always liked O'Keefe's works on flowers. Her husband's influence I think gave her the perspective of the "close up." Give him credit too. Cheers from the Jarvis House

    ReplyDelete
  7. ruby rich!



    Aloha from Waikiki :)

    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>


    <°)}}><

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alfred Stieglitz was the photographer husband of Georgia O'Keefe. He mentored her and she became his muse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This flower is Amaryllis, right? My husband loves amaryllis too. And, the Oxalis in my green house is he's.
    Your This Amaryllis painting is so beautiful!!
    I'm happy to see your Amaryllis! Thank you.
    I will show him.^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!


    Georgia O Keeffe Paintings

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOWERS

Blog Archive