Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Land, at last, sighted at dawn, following 7 days of scenic surf and sea, not another ship, whale or dolphin
to be seen. The weather was remarkably good considering the alarming news of IRENE which reached the east coast of NY the day we left. The internet connection was interrupted many times and we could only watch and fear the worst of the impact for those caught in its path on Tv.-
Tugs busily enabling QM2 to reverse into harbor.
Our last naughty early morning breakfast on board! Pate, hash browns, streaky bacon
tomato and toast. Resisted adding all sorts of other equally mouth-watering variations of a typically English breakfast offered buffet style.
It was so good to be away from an incredibly noisy NYC existence for a week! And two days later I am still struck how quiet it is everywhere!
Friday, August 26, 2011
SKY WATCH FRIDAY - PART 2 :LEAVING BROOKLYN PIER 2, PASSING UNDER THE VERRAZANO BRIDGE WITH 9 INCHES TO SPARE, IT IS SAID...
That is how close!
Travels with my niece...
To be continued - blogging from QM2 very frustrating! See Part 1 of SKY WATCH previous post.
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
SKY WATCH FRIDAY - LEAVING BROOKLYN PIER 2, PASSING UNDER THE VERRAZANO BRIDGE WITH 9 INCHES TO SPARE, IT IS SAID...
Hi every one - It was a close encounter that I cannot show at this time because it takes so long to upload photos. We are on our way in the QM2 sailing for Southampton, UK, niece Bernice and I, so far enjoying sunny weather, a calm sea and a noiseless, sedate world in itself, except for the periodic ship announcements and ding dongs. There is much to do, lots to eat and endless walking and lounging in the sun. We're on deck 5, in the middle of the ship a cabin with a protected deck. The motion is very slight but looking out while eating at the same time can be disturbing...it is an awesome experience of swell and glittering sparkling sea. More tomorrow for online time is short and posting has to be done with all speed! CHEERS!
FOR MORE SKYWATCH FRIDAY DO VISIT SKYLEY HERE!
Sunday, August 21, 2011
and the seagulls hang-out
Friday, August 19, 2011
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Looking down from the boardwalk to the playground. As if they haven't had enough in the sea above, the children HAVE to stop-by here before going home!
One long ride from one end of town to the other - no cars, such bliss!
Friday, August 12, 2011
Saturday, August 6, 2011
St. George was not in the package...
- ► 2013 (107)
- ► 2012 (190)
- SKYWATCH FRIDAY - TRAVELS WITH MY NIECE: Arrived ...
- SKY WATCH FRIDAY - PART 2 :LEAVING BROOKLYN PIER 2...
- SKY WATCH FRIDAY - LEAVING BROOKLYN PIER 2, PASSIN...
- BLACK AND WHITE WEEKEND - WHERE THE MUSSELS GROW...
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - TIPPY TOE THROUGH THE TULIPS...
- WEEKEND REFLECTIONS - FOLLOWING THE TIDE OUT...
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - GREETINGS FROM LONG BEACH, NY
- WEEKEND REFLECTIONS - BICYCLES AND WALKERS TODAY O...
- BLACK AND WHITE WEEKEND - I SPY...
- SKYWATCH FRIDAY - KING KONG!
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - COMPOSITION
- BLACK AND WHITE WEEKEND - THIS ONE IS FOR DRAGONSTAR!
- WEEKEND REFLECTIONS - SOME MIGHT SAY, 'IT COULDN'T...
- ▼ August (13)
- ► 2010 (221)