WEBSITES TO VISIT:

NEWS UPDATES:
(3) Portfolio of prints (work in progress)
PRINTMAKER AND PAINTER:
(5) My Janus file: Some impressions of
TO THE LIGHTHOUSE by Virginia Woolf

Thursday, December 23, 2010

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS - IT WAS SO COLD THE CAMERA SHOOK!





THIS IS A SHAPE THAT ALWAYS INTRIGUES ME - AS FAMILIAR AS
A PARTICULAR RELIGIOUS ICON.   
IT CAUGHT MY ATTENTION ONE COLD DAY AS I WAS CROSSING BUSY 14th Street and 4th Avenue, NY.  SUDDENLY, THE LATE AFTERNOON SUN SHONE, AND THIS OUTLINE STOOD OUT - THE DROOP OF A BRANCH, THE STOUT BLACK TRUNK, THE  HALO.
     
BELOW THE PHOTO FRAME, SHIVERING LAST MINUTE CHRISTMAS SHOPPERS RUSHED HOMEWARD, READY FOR THE WARMTH OF CELEBRATIONS WHATEVER THEIR FAITH.   AND THE CHEERY THOUGHT OF SPRING ON ITS WAY AGAIN IN 2011.   








7 comments:

  1. Beautiful and much more striking in monochrome. Merry Christmas to you and yours and a peaceful and happy 2011 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monochrome brings up the composition and leaves a bit for the imagination?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, prefer the monochrome. Somehow how you have captured the brittleness of the branches.... as though they're so cold that they could snap off at any moment! Why aren't you on Long Island?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it does look cold. Both pictures are beautiful to me. I notice one of those branches almost makes a heart!

    clytie-randomhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both of the images but the monochrome is so much more intense and dramatic.

    I laughed a little when I saw the title of your post. A few weeks ago I was out taking photos and it was so cold I could not hold the camera steady because I was shivering.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOWERS

Blog Archive