WEBSITES TO VISIT:

NEWS UPDATES:
(3) Portfolio of prints (work in progress)
PRINTMAKER AND PAINTER:
(5) My Janus file: Some impressions of
TO THE LIGHTHOUSE by Virginia Woolf

Thursday, December 30, 2010

SKYWATCH FRIDAY - DAWN AT 7 AM, SUN UP 7.20 AM - THE DAY FOLLOWING THE BLIZZARD...


On the day that many woke-up to the sight of many inches of snow, the sky looked like it was on fire as the sun broke the horizon line and lit up the clouds... 







At my constant position, seen from my 10th floor kitchen window facing east, the sun now rises far to the right, behind NYU's Dorm (built two years ago) for 700 students.  I have not seen such a spectacular a sky like this in months.   Included is the power station because it enhanced the 3-D effect that the sun and shadows create.  By 7.20 am the sun glared into view and was too strong to be photographed! 



7 comments:

  1. These are magnificent shots, Margaret! At first I thought we were flying above the orange clouds, but the second shot proved otherwise. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Happy New Year...may it be filled with warmth and glowing light like the sky photos you've shared:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeepers, I thought you were in flight too. Nice image. Happy New Year!
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning colors and textures!
    marvelous shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't use the word stunning too much but I will for these photos. Great timing also. Sunrise and sunset pics are all about now. Five minutes is too late.

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOWERS

Blog Archive