Thursday, February 11, 2010
SKYWATCH FRIDAY - THE COLD SUNRISE
Today, Friday, at 7 am Added today for those who wondered where the steam was coming from!
New Yorkers will not forget the day before, Wednesday, when overcast NYC waited for its
blizzard. School was out, and some workers were given a snow day off. By midday it had started in earnest and by midnight it was over. I believe we got less than was expected. There was about 5 inches on top of cars in the lot.
Today, Thursday, the sky was clear and, between 7.10 and 7.25 am, this shapeless white light for
a sun rose, leaving a warmer looking skyline behind. Nonetheless, it was still a very cold day, freezing
muddy looking, lumpy slush, if not quickly swept away by store front owners.
Click here for more SKYWATCH FRIDAY observations
- ► 2013 (107)
- ► 2012 (190)
- ► 2011 (180)
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - SLEEPY, THE KITTEN
- SKYWATCH FRIDAY - DAY AND NIGHT
- MOTION THURSDAY - SLOW MOTION - "SUN AND MOON" by ...
- MONOCHROME MONDAY - THE CHESS PLAYERS, UNION SQUAR...
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - FIRE ESCAPE, NYC
- SKYWATCH FRIDAY - REFLECTIONS OF TONIGHT'S SUNSET...
- MOTION THURSDAY - THE KITTY THAT CAME TO STAY
- MONOCHROME MONDAY - MOONLIGHT SONATA
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - THE CONUMDRUM!
- WEEKEND REFLECTIONS - THE REFLECTING POOL
- SKYWATCH FRIDAY - THE COLD SUNRISE
- MOTION THURSDAY - ACTIVE DRIVEWAY - NO PARKING
- MONOCHROME MONDAY - THIS ONE IS FOR CATHERINE
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - THE UTILITIES
- SKYWATCH FRIDAY - CITY SUNRISE
- ▼ February (15)