WEBSITES TO VISIT:

NEWS UPDATES:
(3) Portfolio of prints (work in progress)
PRINTMAKER AND PAINTER:
(5) My Janus file: Some impressions of
TO THE LIGHTHOUSE by Virginia Woolf

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

MONOCHROME MONDAY - HYDRANGEA


Spotted in a ground level townhouse backyard, the remaining wholeness of this hydrangea stood out gamely as the snow began its third onslaught earlier this week.  I stood in a puddle formed from the previous thaw, photographed it, and this is the result, among others.   




STILL SURVIVING


     This shot taken March 2, following a heavy snow storm!




Do visit Aileni who hosts MONOCHROME (Maniac) MONDAY



7 comments:

  1. What a game blossom! The hydrangeas in my back-yard are wilting from the heat! What's this about being a maniac?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so this must be a hydrangea that was left over from last summer. It is amazing it survive through all of the weather we've had.
    Beautiful monochrome capture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hydrangeas are natural survivors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a hardy plant to survive that long. Mine are long gone with the wind and rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unusual to see flowers in monochrome but they turned out very well. I like the in your face shot on top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would have made a great macro shot. I would love to see you join Macro Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never saw a lone hydrangea before. You got lots of nice texture in the background evergreens too Margaret.

    I did find the portrait of the chess player in Les McLean's "Creative Black & White Photography." It's in my personal collection -- good book too.

    The sign in problem is a Google issue. Today seems OK, but last week, I was getting all kinds of Open ID errors on every google blog. I finally gave up and used my Google ID to comment.

    Their system stinks. I wish more people used Wordpress.com -- it's far superior to Blogger.

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOWERS

Blog Archive