WEBSITES TO VISIT:

NEWS UPDATES:
(3) Portfolio of prints (work in progress)
PRINTMAKER AND PAINTER:
(5) My Janus file: Some impressions of
TO THE LIGHTHOUSE by Virginia Woolf

Friday, September 20, 2013

SKYWATCH FRIDAY: MY TAKE ON THE HARVEST MOON LAST NIGHT....







Rarely, with my camera, do I get a shot of the moon:   last night my neighbours and I watched the full Moon in all its Harvest glory at 7:10 pm rising above the eastern skyline.  We live in a building on Fourth Avenue, NYC and gathered on the roof for this wonderful opportunity on a clear night to see this spectacular 'phenomenon'.
(The Harvest Moon is the full moon closest to the autumnal equinox and one of the most beautiful full moons of the year with its large size and color).

And fireworks going off somewhere where I would usually see the sun rise...


THEN, the next morning at 6:46 am, I am watching the sun rise, as I sit posting this blog in my10th floor apartment in the same building.




FOR MORE SKYWATCH FRIDAY DO VISIT SKYLEY HERE!  



3 comments:

  1. I love this Margaret. The pictures are beautiful and since I'm a small-town girl I really love the thought of you sitting on that rooftop (or at your window) taking those beautiful pictures. The Harvest Moon shines on everyone. (My "out-in-the-country" pictures of it -- still in the camera -- won't be nearly as beautiful!) But wasn't it a great night for skywatching!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - lovely golden moon!

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOWERS

Blog Archive