Sunday, November 15, 2009
MONOCHROME MONDAY - NEW YORK'S PARK AVENUE ARMORY
The Armory's mission is to revitalize one of America's historic treasures as an alternative arts space unlike any other in NYC. Part palace, part industrial shed (a 55,000 square foot drill hall), the Armory provides a non-traditional setting for the performing and visual arts. I was there recently attending the International Fine Print Dealers Association Fair. Looking up, a fine example of industrial architectural construction of the 1900s. Below, rows and rows of 20th century, well lighted, sophisticated gallery booths showing rare art pieces at very high prices - and some bargains, too.
Do visit Aileni's Monochrome Weekly Theme and participate in this challenging meme.
- ► 2013 (107)
- ► 2012 (190)
- ► 2011 (180)
- ► 2010 (221)
- MONOCHROME MONDAY - THE WORKPLACE
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - 'ART' IN THE SHADOW - TALLY
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - 'ART' IN THE SHADOW
- SKYWATCH FRIDAY - NY SUNRISE REFLECTED
- HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
- RUBY TUESDAY - DONATION TIME!
- MONOCHROME MONDAY - LIGHT AND DARK
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - WHITE WALLS
- SKYWATCH FRIDAY - AS THE SUN RISES, NYC
- WORDLESS WEDNESDAY
- RUBY TUESDAY - COOKING A LA JULIA
- MONOCHROME MONDAY - NEW YORK'S PARK AVENUE ARMORY
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - HOPSCOTCH
- SKYWATCH FRIDAY - GRAY
- FINE ART PRINT FAIR at THE ARMORY, NEW YORK
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - THE PRESS
- SKYWATCH FRIDAY - SUNSET REFLECTED
- MONOCHROME MONDAY - RESCUING ARCHITECTURAL GRACE
- ▼ November (18)