DO VISIT LISA'S MACRO MONDAY HERE!
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Yes, even at home, wherever possible!
Friday, October 29, 2010
AND THE CAR WILL BE MOVED TO A SAFER PLACE!
Thursday, October 28, 2010
I WONDER WHAT HAPPENED HERE WITH SUCH WONDERFUL PRECISION!
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
SHE SIGNALED A CAB
SHE WALKED UP TO IT
TWO OTHER PEOPLE LEAPT
INTO IT FIRST
CABBIE ASKS: "ARE YOU NOT WITH THEM?"
(THE TWO PEOPLE, SIT, TRIUMPHANTLY SATISFIED)
SHE COULD HAVE ARGUED HER RIGHT!
SHE MISSED HER APPOINTMENT
THAT CAN BE NEW YORK FOR YOU!
Friday, October 22, 2010
Can this be a Halloween performance, I wonder, or simply lights distorted by dint of angle and distance!
A POND ON TOP OF THE CAR
FOR MORE WEEKEND REFLECTIONS PLEASE VISIT JAMES HERE!
Thursday, October 21, 2010
A VIEW FROM MY 10th FLOOR STUDIO WINDOW - OMITTING A FULL MOON, BY THE WAY, THAT SEEMED TO BE FOLLOWING ME HOME TONIGHT.
NOTE FOR WOOLFIANS:
I HAD LISTENED TO AN EXCELLENT LECTURE AT THE NEW YORK PUBLIC LIBRARY PRESENTED BY DR. ANNE FENALD GIVING AN OVERVIEW ON EDITING A TEXTUAL EDITION OF MRS. DALLOWAY, 'ON TRAFFIC LIGHTS AND FULL STOPS'. MS. FENALD IS AN ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF ENGLISH LITERATURE AT FORDHAM UNIVERSITY. SHE NOTED THAT WOOLF'S CHARACTERS COMMENT ON THE LAMENTABLE CONGESTION OF LONDON STREETS AT PRECISELY THE MOMENT THAT THE TRAFFIC LIGHT WAS FIRST INTRODUCED IN 1925. IT WAS THEN DECIDED LONDON NEEDED AN UNDERGROUND RAILWAY SYSTEM!
IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE READ MRS . DALLOW, TRY READING IT AGAIN. MS. FENALD'S EXTENSIVE RESEARCHES OF BOTH THE ENGLISH AND AMERICAN EDITIONS OF WOOLF'S BOOK HAS TURNED UP MANY UNDISCOVERED HISTORICAL AND LITERARY ALLUSIONS AND SIGNIFICANT REWRITTEN PASSAGES IN THE PROOF STAGES THAT ADD TO THE TEXTURE OF THIS COMPLEX NOVEL.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - AT DUSK, LAST NIGHT, STANDING OUTSIDE THE BRYANT PARK EXIT OF THE NEW YORK PUBLIC LIBRARY, 42nd Street, NYC
The light changed so quickly (from left to right) while we were talking, then we had to move on!
The third night photo was published recently, shot from 53rd Street, NYC
Monday, October 18, 2010
Whatever it is, its rich red colour reminded me it is RUBY TUESDAY time again!
Hootin' Anni thinks it is Sumac ....I now think it is, too!
Friday, October 15, 2010
I WAS CURIOUS TO SEE JUST HOW CLOSE I COULD ZOOM INTO
THIS INSECT BEFORE IT BECOMES TOO DIGITAL!
FOR MORE 'MACRO MONDAY', PLEASE VISIT LISA'S CHAOS HERE!
(PS ON MONDAY, OF COURSE!)
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Monday, October 11, 2010
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Saturday, October 9, 2010
There seems to be no end to the fascination of bicycle shadows - does that make it a fetish, I wonder, and is that bad?
Friday, October 8, 2010
I like to travel via the Williamsburg Bridge, exit 48, and get on the notorious Rte 495 (Long Island Expressway) to Farmingdale, exiting at Rte 110. On a good day the drive from Manhattan takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
FOR MORE WEEKEND REFLECTIONS do visit James at Newtown Daily Photo here!
Monday, October 4, 2010
Saturday, October 2, 2010
- ► 2013 (107)
- ► 2012 (190)
- ► 2011 (180)
- MACRO MONDAY - BEGONIA
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - EVERYTHING ON WHEELS THESE DA...
- WEEKEND REFLECTIONS - GREMLINS, WAITING IN THE WIN...
- SKY WATCH FRIDAY - AND, THE SUN ALSO RISES...THIS ...
- WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - LEFT SPEECHLESS!
- BLACK AND WHITE WEEKEND - A GHOSTLY VIEW OF THE HE...
- WEEKEND REFLECTIONS - SKULLS AND BONES ARE IN THI...
- SKYWATCH FRIDAY - CLEAR SKIES BEYOND THE LIGHTS O...
- WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - AT DUSK, LAST NIGHT, STANDING...
- RUBY TUESDAY - A TRUMPET FLOWER OF SOME SORT, I W...
- MACRO MONDAY - UNKNOWN INSECT ON CONE FLOWER...
- BLACK AND WHITE WEEKEND - MOTOR MAGIC!
- WEEKEND REFLECTIONS - WAITING ...
- SKYWATCH FRIDAY - PATCHES OF BLUE ...
- RUBY TUESDAY - FORGET ABOUT THE CAR, JUST ZOOM IN ...
- MACRO MONDAY - THE BLUE AND PINK HYDRANGEA
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - PARKED...
- WEEKEND REFLECTIONS - ON VISITING LONG ISLAND...
- RUBY TUESDAY - POETRY ON THE STREETS OF NYC
- MACRO MONDAY - HOITY-TOITY!
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - THE SHADOWS WITHIN ...
- ▼ October (21)